I saw Rachel this morning. There I was, riding my bike out of Autumn Winds and she walked in front of my bike. In all her glory. Tight jeans and nose so high in the air that she did not even recognize me; I'm pretty sure. That strawberry blonde hair would be recognizable to me anywhere even with her big black sunglasses. OH what flashbacks.
I am brought back to days so hot that my light blue jeans stuck to my calves. I am brought back to summer afternoons with Mindy. It all came back in a flood of emotion and feeling. I was thrown back in time to arguments with Rachel over dishes and over phones. Suddenly with the wind blowing gently across my dry face I remember it all. I am swirling in flashbacks and all I can think is how often Rachel's hurtful words have spun across my mind in doubting moments.
Rachel made me question my sanity more than any one person ever has. I have never been so insulting nor so attacked. I am brought back to my leg injury, the crutches, and her shoving me. I can't even believe that someone is that evil. I never thought anyone could be worse than my dad. I was wrong. I don't know that anyone has ever thrown apart the very threads that cover my pride the way Rachel did. I never did tell anyone the extent of what happened when I lived with her.
Even hearing Rachel Vermillion's name float around in my head has made me nauseated. Then, walking back from class I see her. She lives at Camden. To think I almost lived there this semester. I knew that God curved my path towards Autumn Winds for a reason but I could never have imagined that that was why. I thought I lived here for quite a different reason. Interesting.
I haven't seen Rachel since last October. I find myself drifting back to those days. I was in school last summer and yet I was drinking. I hate to give her royal snottiness that credit but I am gonna have to hand her the credit for getting me so wickedly drunk so often. I have never hated someone quite like that. Perhaps this is evil of me but really after you live with someone like that you realize just how messed up some people are. I had never lived with someone with a personality disorder til I lived with her. I always had been curious what people with narcissistic personality disorder were like. Now I know. I hope she never gets her psychology degree. It would be such a shame to have more messed up psychologists around.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment