Monday, June 1, 2009

Bunny vs. DBSA

I suppose this is just me and my issues coming to surface but here I keep reading bunny vs. dbsa and for some reason it is like a horror movie that one cannot tear their eyes away from even though the horror of the movie is ghastly. I find myself in awe that no one thought to disengage from the fray. It seems so obvious to me. But then I grew up with an old brother who's greatest pleasure was to rile people up then laugh. I grew up never engaging in his games because I saw them fro what they were very quickly.

I told myself I wasn't getting involved but eventually I began to feel involved because at the heart of it all I can see that bunny has a fundamental cognitive block missing which would allow him to have the natural laws govern him the way the rest of us are. Most of society is governed by a higher law of ethics and behaviors.

We all knew that what Hitler did was wrong and at the heart we knew tht Hitler knew he was acting "wrong" as well. This is this code that we all believe in. We all have at our core a power that wills us to have to justify ourselves when we break this code. Like I cut in line because my daughter is sick or whatever.

Quickly after joining dbsa bunny began to pm me. I responded and since I wasn't keeping a real close eye on the boards I wasn't aware of his character right away. It took me some time and a lot of pms from him to discover the anti-social personality that began to emerge across the boards. I began to see a man who truly wanted the world to see things as they "really are" because in some way he believes that that is the only way to help people. He truly thinks that by "making people" see the error of their perspectives that he is aiding them to wellness.

If he had the same code as the rest of us he would know that harassing, belittling, aggravating, teasing, sarcasm, veiled venom, etc are all offensive to people. The problem is that he does not have the ability to feel about reasoning that happens in his brain. The ability is not there and as such he cannot see what others see so clearly. Others see the "wrongness" of his posts and his very center reaks of arrogance but sadly because he doesn't feel the reasoning behind his arrogance he does not see it as such. Sad really.

I think that my anger first was raised as I saw that he refused to support the person requesting support. At the heart of all my philosophies is the belief that one must express and feel unconditional positive regard towards others that they truly care about or wish to support. This is at the base of all the psychological things I live.

I strongly believe that unconditional positive regard is the only way one truly helps another motive towards inspiration. If bunny had truly wanted to help the person asking for help and had he been able to truly help, he would have gone about it very differently.

When I finally realized what was going on when bunny asked me for support I had to tell him off. The funny thing and the thing I am still baffled by is that he has not bashed me in any way. He continues to talk to me civilly and actually shows interest in me and even seems to like me. This baffles me becasue I tell him he should stop talking to everyone and walk away and I tell him politely what is what but somehow I am not attcked the way others are. He says I am a natural leader. I feel compilmented but also curious. Why is it that I have not stirred him up like the others have?

There are a couple people that have pissed me off over time from the boards but it is interesting because in the end we always remained friends and sometimes I was even corrected and admitted it. I think it is odd tha bunny cannot see what Nara put so clearly into words. Out of anyone I think she is the msot competent at pointing out the logic and rationale of it all. I think it was very well put but even then somehow bunny could not see it but when I say it he takes it. Why?

Why does he listen to me and no one else? I have to wonder. Is it my refusal to bash others even when they offend me? Is it my ability to never get involved? I objectively stand aside and can see everything that everyone brings to the table and why they react the way they do and it all makes perfect sense; like a puzzle that fits together perfectly.

Bunny seems to have such an issue with women and yet when he finds me he is totally ok with me and even when he finds I have met a girl and have feelings for women he just takes it. It baffles me. I wonder why. I know I may never find the reason but the question will continue to spin quietly in the back of my mind.

The fight seems to continue on the thread and it seems that no one realized that they were handing ammo to bunny by responding until jsut recently. I wish that I could have prevented all this fighting and conflict because it pains me to witness but I think that if it hadn't happened now it woulda happened at some point later, given the personality of bunny. I see why people were so offended and I wish I could have prevented that but I realize that by choosing to be impartial I had to keep out of it all. I could not tkae sides and still respect myself.

But even in refusing to take sides I wonder if I have taken sides. I care deeply for many that were attacked by bunny and I think they had many points that were quite valid but I also see that bunny has his own issues and pain. I wonder if anyone else sees that. I don't think it would lessen their anger though. It really isn't a reason to forgive him; it's just an explanation of his actions.

And once I realize how screwed up bunny's mind is and how he seems to have taken a liking to me, I have to wonder; am I jsut as messed up as he is? Do I lack the emotions that go along with my reasoning? I look back and am reminded of when I said something about suicide to a friend and how I seemed to lack the emotional connection attched to the reasoning behind saying what I said. I hope I am not like bunny. I fear, though, that I am. But am I? I may never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Modified by Blogcrowds