Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Abs baby, abs...

Here I sit reflecting on the past and I find myself drifting back to the moments I had as a teen. Those moments where I laughed til my guts hurt and the moments that made me laugh at the bitter bitter way life landed in my lap. Let's see, the choices the choices, so many memories.

Number one, I look back and laugh. I shall never, as long as I live, forget when I went skinny dipping only to be gawked at my these thirty year old creepy women. The story begins like any summer adventure. As lifeguard up at girl's camp I had the mast keys to the pool house so obviously I gathered a group together to sneakily hike to the pool.

You see, when you are a young adventurous youth you do not think about moonlight and just how bright the freakin moon is. It's crazy. So here I am in a pool full of my rebel friends giggling rather loudly(hello what kind of teen can actually giggle quietly while feeling so mischevious?!)

So anyway suddenly we hear giggling coming from the bushes and are horrified to discover several women in their thirties that had been checking us out. Can you say horrified?! I think I have never felt so completely embarrassed in my entire life. Well, almost. I then continued to endure these women's comments about my body for the rest of the summer. I still shudder everytime I go home and see these women. Twas a mistake indeed that fateful summer's night. What do ya do when you are young though?

Ooooo! I think that my sisters and I have too much fun sitting and "talking story" at times. You see, we sit and talk in our rooms or the kitchen or in the family room and we start by talking about hot boys, inevitably, but then we talk about everything under the sun. It gets pretty good. I find that I am spilling my guts out I laugh so hard. Susy is my fav. So often we are sitting, then suddenly without warning, she says I have to poop, then gets up and leaves. This leaves my sides aching with laughter EVERYTIME. My sister has no sense of tmi. Silly girl.

My favorite text ever was Susy texting me about how she had been making out with her bf and then got swollen lips from it. I think the part that cracked me up to no end was her not realizing that hello making out for hours is gonna leave a mark. My mom got after her after realizing what she had been up to. Funny coming from my mother, the one who allowed porn in the house when I was a kid. Oh boy, just thinking about it makes me smile.

Once when we were kids I went out with my parents only to come home to a kitchen covered in oil. The question wtf happened only extracted giggles from Val and Fred. Seems Susy "wanted to know what popcorn looked like popping" so she popped corn kernels in hot oil with the lid off the pan. Of course dad flew into a rage about the whole thing as usual but inwardly I was DYING with laughter. Oh Susy. Poor girl got a lot of wrath over the years from dad for the silly thoughtless things she did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Modified by Blogcrowds