Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Great Outdoors: My Home

There's something about nature that just soothes me. I find myself at peace out in the mountains of Oregon or peaking out from the peak of R Mountain. I find that the universe is in order and all is at peace. I take my camera out to the outdoors and somehow there is something inside me that sits right. I find that I feel like I am going home. Days at the coast are so therapeutic for me. To feel the sand between my toes and lay out on the warm, coarse sand it feels like all is right and nothing can go wrong. I think back to biking through Portland and carrying my bike up the stairs to the bridges and taking pictures on the waterfront. Nothing is amiss in that world. Hiking up a mountain to the falls in Arkansas was like escaping the world around that tears at me and finding a place that I am simply me and nothing is there to judge or shift reality. From the time I walked through the redwood forest, touching the brittle bark on the trees to the times I sped through the state parks of OR there was a peace that I have never found elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment