Friday, July 10, 2009

I'm sorry, did you sing something or just mumble a curse word??

Music. Let's talk pronunciation for a second. I've been hearing a lot of lame mumbo jumbo lately that people claim to like. Here's the thing. How the hell can they like it when it is so incomprehensible? I mean I sit there and listen for all my poor deaf ears can take and I still can't understand a single line of the song. Who likes to just listen to the beat? I mean that is after all what classical music and instrumental are for, right? To not hear any words?

It amazes me that people put up with songs where they have no idea what the singer is talking about cus no one can understand them. If I am gonna listen to a song and devote 3-5 minutes to the enjoyment of it I sure as heck better be able to figure out what the topic of the song is and also what each word is. After all how do people even sing to songs in their car where the words are all slurred together? How do they even know what to sing? I sure as heck don't half the time I get in someone's car and they turn on the blasted radio.

I'm starting a movement where singers actually pronounce words and don't make up words so that their lyrics can rhyme. Who's with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment