So I went boating on Friday. It was fun. Good times getting my face smashed into a tube at high speeds while hanging on for dear life. Ya man. That is what I consider fun. I know, I'm messed up. Would you people just accept that I find my fun in odd places?
So anyway I am hanging on while getting bounced around on this tube and all but when I get home I am not sore or nothing. No weak sauce arm strength or nothing. But get this. I was using one of those soakers, the ones that people can make out of ppc pipe. I laid it against my upper thigh to get leverage and low and behold it leaves a wicked bruise. I have this nasty looking green bruise the size of my fist on my upper thigh and it wasn't even from doing something awesome.
I've decided that the most random accidents leave marks on my body while others jsut glance off. I mean I dropped a weight on my foot once(one of those circular weights you put on a bench press bar) and the thing didn't even leave a bruise. This is 25 lbs falling from my hands. Crazy.
Oh. This reminds me of something. When I was a kid I was always trying to jump off swings and land farther than other kids. It's like a pre sport to sports. When I was too little to play actual sports I just beat kids at other things like swing jumping. Maybe that is where it all started for my long jump career. Anyway this one time I am swinging on the swings in my backyard with my siblings and I jump off the swing only I jumped when the swing was still pretty high so it was a ways off the ground.
Ya so I am flying through that air for what seems a lifetime and the whole time I am thinking about how this is really gonna hurt if I don't land on my feet. Curses. I psyched myself. I landed square on my back. Wind? What wind? I had none. Knock clean out. I lay there for gosh only knows how long before I came to and found my siblings freaking out.
When I was older I went sledding off this cliff that was oh about twenty feet off the ground and practically broke my back when I landed. Oh the stupid stupid things we all do, eh? Sometimes things look so fun on the outside then once you do them you realize why all the smart adults always told you not to. He he. I always was a slow learner. I learn through experience.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment