Monday, April 13, 2009
Sometimes reality is a bitch...
Sometimes I meet new people and I get my hopes all high thinking somehow things will be different but in the end it's sad to say that all things fall short. I keep thinking about college and how passionate I am about graduating and going on to grad school. I know I want to help people. I want people to know they aren't alone but recently I have been realizing that we are all alone and I thought that I could be there for people whenever they needed me but even I fall short; there are times I forget my cell phone or don't hear it ring and there are times I am too drained to adequately aid a friend in their time of crisis. I wish it were not so but there it is; even I cannot take away that pain of being alone from someone I care deeply for. It makes me wonder if it is worth the effort of letting people close. I mean if in the end I will be just as alone are those brief moments of togetherness worth it? There's a country song that I really love called "Completely." I know that sometimes I live in a little bit of a dream, wanting things to work out perfectly, but if I don't hope for that then what else is there to live for?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment